Saturday, December 27, 2008

Catching Up...

It's been quite busy lately, so let me see if I can fill you in on what's been going on...
The Jingle Bell Run was a couple of weeks ago and as you can see above, My friend Jessica (middle) and my friend Cassy decided to "cute it up" a little in our elf costumes. You think the top part of our outfit looks good? You should see our cool stockings!
The Jingle Bell Run was also a special day for my friend Jessica, this was her very first 5K, she did a great job and I'm so happy that she decided to run with us. She's planning on running her first half this March.

Have you ever run the Garden of Lights Run in Muskogee? WOW, there's a helluva hill. On top of that, it was about 29 degrees with a 15 or 20 mile an hour wind from the north! I did it in 29:24 and managed to place second in my age group. I was pretty proud of myself :)
Then, Christmas week began. On Christmas Eve, my husband and I spent the day at his family's house. They are from Rhode Island, so holiday's with them are a little different. Rather than ham or turkey and all the other fixin's, the have shellfish and fish and smoked sausage and all kinds of other great things. I'd name the rest, but you would probably have no idea what it is.
On Christmas day, I woke up and ran on the treadmill for a little while, then did some work with my free weights and cleaned the house. My hubby had to work that day, he works shift work at Sinclair Refinery, so I decided to make sure that the tree was taken down and the house was all cleaned up for him after a hard day at work.
Once he was home, we headed to my parents house for a more traditional meal .


That's my sister Jennifer and her husband John.




This is my mom and daddy, Terrie and Bill Isaac.



And, this is my husband Jimmy and I. We opened up our presents, ate a LOT of food and headed home rather early, so that we could go to bed since he had to be at work at 4:30 am the next morning.






Oh, and this is one of our MANY squirrels in the back yard. I"m sure you are asking why I posted this picture. Besides the new Forerunner my husband got me for Christmas, he also got me a new digital camera, so I've been trying it out. I've taken lots of really great pictures and lots of really crappy pictures. Apparently, there are some features I should become more familiar with...
This morning, I woke up to the sound of thunder and a light show. So, rather than lying in bed and cuddling up like I wanted to, I hopped out of bed and headed to Runners World and ran a little over 7 miles with my running buddies. It was a strange run. About 58 and raining when we started and 38, cold and windy when we finished up.
That's about it. Now I'm ready for bed! Hope everyone had a great holiday!






1 comment:

Bobby said...

Congrats to you for your age group award.

The fish and sausage sounds good. I think it would be neat to break tradition every once in a while and have something different.